CGA Projects is one of Australia’s suppliers of Mining, Oil, Gas, Energy, Civil, Roads, Telecommunication, Government, Broadband design, Cabling and Construction Services with a head office located in Brisbane and office in Melbourne.
We are currently experiencing rapid growth of our business, and now we are seeking an experience Contract Estimator to join our team.
Duties will include:
- Ensure submissions to clients for expressions of interest and tenders,
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of tender documents; Preparation of estimates,
- Liaise with clients on an ongoing basis to determine progress of the tender & Analyse job/project profitability,
- Estimate from first principles and build ups for relevant scope packages,
- Prepare tender packages to go to subcontractors and suppliers including as necessary, scopes of work, bills of quantities, selected drawings, specifications and other necessary documents.
- Manage the inputting and maintaining of company databases, including actual cost / estimating unit rates, suppliers and subcontractors etc, to ensure estimates and costings are based on best price, quality and delivery
- Liaise with various stakeholders, including project team members, clients, consultants, trade contractors and senior management as required
Skills and experience
- Tertiary Qualifications in civil engineering or similar,
- Minimum 2 year’s previous experience within the Australian civil construction or engineering industry,
- Solid understanding of programming,
- Proven knowledge of estimating including identifying cost options and preparing tenders and proposals,
- Proven estimating, project controls and contractual management skills,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Hard dollar estimating software will be advantageous;
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with numbers;
- Proven ability to work under pressure
What’s in it for you ?
CGA Projects offers a lot of benefits not limited to:
- A friendly, supportive environment
- Meaningful work
- Opportunities for growth, development and career progression at CGA Projects
If this role is of interest to yourself, please contact us via our online form.
Application close: 20 December, 2019